National University of Advanced Legal Studies Admission 2024: Registration (Open), Dates, Courses, Fees, Eligibility, Application Form, Entrance Exam
Ernakulam, Kerala BCI, UGC, AIUEstd 2009 State University Ranked 11 For Law By Indiatoday What’s New in NUALS?
NUALS Kochi admission 2024 for BALLB and LLM programs will be done through the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). CLAT 2024 registrations have been started from July 1 till November 3, 2023 . CLAT 2024 exam will be held on December 3, 2023.
National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a Uni-disciplinary university located in Kochi that offers a diverse range of legal education at undergraduate & postgraduate level. The courses offered by the university are BA LLB, LLM, PG Diploma, and Ph.D.
BA LLB is a 5 years program offered by the University under undergraduate education. Whereas LLM is a one-year long PG course. The University offers LLM programs in two specializations.
For BA LLB, candidates are required to pass 10+2 examinations with valid marks. For LLM, a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field is compulsory.
All the admissions at NUALS are strictly entrance-based. The selection of the UG & PG courses will be done on the basis of the marks of CLAT (centralized exam for law). Kerala students have a reservation of 49% across all categories.
- The candidate must pass 12th std. (or an equivalent exam) with minimum 45% marks. There is a concession of 5% & 3% for the candidates belonging through SC/ST/Socially/Educationally backward categories.
- The candidate shall not be 20+ as on 1st July. Candidates coming from SC/ST categories or Specially Abled, their age should not be above 22 as on 1st July (1st of July as of the year of admission).
- Note: Students, who are going to appear for the qualifying exam, are not allowed to appear for CLAT, & they have to submit the result of the qualifying exam at the time of admission. If anyone fails to do so, will be considered ineligible.
The selection is done on the basis of marks scored in CLAT.
Candidate has to pass the 5-year Integrated B. A. LL.B. (Hons.) Degree of the NUALS/any other examination equivalent with at least of 55 % marks. 50% for SC/ST candidates.
On the basis of marks scored in CLAT.
How to Apply for LL.M & B.A. L.L.B?
The selection of candidates is based on the performance by the candidates from the CLAT exam. In order to do that, the candidate has to apply for the CLAT examination. To apply for CLAT the candidate has to follow certain steps.
- The candidate has to register himself/herself through CAPS, which is available at the official website of CLAT.
- After that, the candidate will receive their CAPS username & password through the registered e-mail/mobile number.
- After that, the candidate has to sign in through the username & password & has to fill up the required details mentioned on the application form.
- After filling up the form, you have to pay the application fee; you can pay it through cash at any ICICI bank, take a receipt, click a photo & send it. Or else you can pay via online modes which are mentioned over there.
Note: The application fee is INR 4000 for general, OBC, SAP category & INR 3500 for SC/ST. you can pay through debit card/credit card or bank transfer.
NRI/foreign nationals/NRI sponsored candidates can apply by downloading the form. After filling up the form along with the fees, the candidate can submit the form by personal visit or can post it on the following address.