Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a prestigious national-level exam that assesses candidates for comprehensive understanding in various undergraduate-level subjects in Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture, and Humanities.
GATE 2024 is being organised by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
Candidates who qualify in GATE can seek admission with possible financial assistance to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, and Humanities; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Engineering, Science, and Humanities, in institutions supported by Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government agencies. GATE score is also used by some colleges and institutions for admission to postgraduate programs without MoE scholarship. Several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have also been using GATE score for recruitment.
GATE TEST PAPERS
GATE 2024 will have a total of 30 test papers comprising full papers and sectional papers. Candidates have the option to appear for one or two test papers from the allowed two-paper combinations. The GATE score obtained by the candidates will remain valid for a period of three years from the date of announcement of results.
GATE 2024 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Before filing an application, candidates are advised to ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for GATE 2024.
Candidates who are currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or who have completed any government approved degree program in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Humanities are eligible to appear for GATE 2024.
Candidates who possess certification from any such professional societies must ensure that those examinations are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/ UPSC as being equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Planning, etc.
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Candidates must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or must have completed their Bachelor’s degree (of at least three years duration) in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Humanities.
Any candidate fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria is eligible to appear for GATE 2024.
More details of eligibility criteria are given below.
Candidates pursuing any higher degree or in possession of a degree higher than that mentioned in the table below, will be allowed to appear for GATE 2024.
Candidates with B.Sc./B.A./B.Com. degrees (3-year program) desirous of seeking admission to Masters programs in IITs and IISc may apply
Data Required for Filling the Online Application Form in GATE 2024
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- The name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for GATE-2024 examination at the centre.
- GATE 2024 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Prefixes/titles such as Mr / Shri / Dr / Mrs / Smt / Prof / Capt / Maj / Lt / Col / Er / Ar, etc. MUST NOT be used.
- Address for communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- GATE paper(s) and their codes in which the candidate wishes to appear.
- THREE choices of GATE examination cities (from the same zone).
- Net-banking /debit card / credit card / UPI / wallet details for fee payment.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM IN GATE 2024
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified in the Information Brochure.
- High quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified in the Information Brochure.
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate in pdf format (if applicable).
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate in pdf format (if applicable).
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Dyslexia in pdf format (if applicable).
- Scanned copy of valid photo Identity document: Aadhar-UID (preferable)/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Driving License.
- The photo ID must have Name, Date of birth of the candidate and unique photo ID number. This photo ID must be carried in original to the examination hall for verification.