CSIR-IGIB PhD Program January 2024 I
INTRODUCTION The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a PhD degree.
The broad interdisciplinary research areas are
- Genomics and Genome Editing Genome Informatics and Data Science
- Structural Biology Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- RNA Biology and Cell Biology
- Nano Biotechnology
- Skin Biology
- Zebrafish Developmental Biology
- Stem Cell Biology Chemical and Systems Biology
INSTRUCTIONS Before you start please ensure:
To register your candidature on the AcSIR admission portal (https://acsir.res.in/admissions/) Select CSIR-IGIB as one of the preferences, in AcSIR registration form. Please note AcSIR portal closes on 17 September 2023 AcSIR application number (AAN) e.g. AcSIR12345, is mandatory to register for PhD program at CSIR-IGIB
Are you eligible to apply for PhD at CSIR-IGIB?
A candidate must have obtained at least 60% in their XII standard board examination. Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
A candidate must have Masters (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/ Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
Please convert CGPA grades to percentage. OR B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60%. Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
An SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidate must have at least 55% in the highest qualifying exam (same as above) and in the XII standard board examination.
Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are eligible to appear for interviews, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- A Candidate must hold a valid (at the time of joining) fellowship certificate. Fellowship can be CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF or the equivalent).
- Fellowship conditions should allow the candidate to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects.
- B.Tech/BPharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
- GATE score is NOT a valid fellowship criteria for MSc/MTech candidates
Age Limit Upper age limit is 28 years (as on 20th September 2023) Age limit is relaxed for women, SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as per Govt. of India rules
How to apply 1. Please register at the AcSIR admission portal (https://acsir.res.in/admissions/)
2. Things to keep handy before you start filling in the CSIR-IGIB application form a. Your AcSIR application number (AAN) e.g. AcSIR12345 b.
A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
c. Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
d. Fellowship details.
e. Your net banking details or Credit/Debit card details for online payment. Application requires a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy) candidates].
f. A succinctly written research proposal (see below on how to write the research proposal)