ABOUT US :
University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences, Shivamogga is the first Integrated University in the state of Karnataka which has both agricultural and horticultural sciences under its purview. The University is functioning from 21st September, 2012 through a Special Gazette notification of Karnataka Act No. 38 of 2012 and has come into independent existence with effect from 1st April, 2013. It has the operational jurisdiction in seven districts viz. Shivamogga, Davanagere, Chikkamagaluru, Udupi, Dakshina Kannada, Kodagu and Chitradurga.
The University has six educational institutes at Shivamogga, Mudigere, Ponnampet, Hiriyur, Kathalagere and Brahmavar, four Zonal Agricultural and Horticultural Research Stations at Navile (Shivamogga), Babbur (Hiriyur), Mudigere and Brahmavar and nine Agricultural and Horticultural Research Stations at Kathalagere, Ullal, Thirthahalli, Ponnampet, Sringeri, Bavikere, Honnavile, Madikeri and Kademadkal; University has Four KVKs at Shivamogga, Chitraduraga (Hiriyur), Chikkamagluru (Mudigere) and Udupi (Brahmavar) and Two Extension Education Units at Kathalagere and Ponnampet functioning effectively to solve the various problems of the farming community.
- Imparting education towards development of quality human resource in different branches of Agriculture Horticulture and Forestry.
- Further the advancement of learning and conducting of research in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and other allied sciences.
- Undertaking the extension education of science and technologies especially for the rural people of the State.
- Promoting partnership and linkages with national and international educational, research institutions and industries.
To make the University a Centre of Excellence in Academics, Research & Development and Extension management in the fields of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences.
To build the University as a premier institution to provide best professional education, R & D solutions addressing key issues confronting the sector growth and achieve excellence with quality outputs in frontier areas of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and allied sciences, professional consultancy, contract services in public and private domains at national and international levels.
COURSES OFFERED :
- Agricultural Economics.
- Soil Science.
- Plants Breeding.
- Agricultural Engineering.