ABOUT US :
The recognition that we live in a world that is becoming increasingly connected, networked and interdependent, and thereby more complex by the day, has significant implications for how we intervene in order to produce better outcomes for all, today, and enduringly and sustainably into the future.
There is now a greater recognition of the need to change our methods and that they need to be inclusive, collaborative and transformational. Together, these capabilities will make a creative impact on a broader range of societal transformation opportunities in a systemic, multi-disciplinary fashion, driven by sustainable human-centric values and fully leveraging the inter-disciplinary potential of art, design and technology in innovative ways, ultimately empowering society to realize better futures.
Collectively and individually, from entry-level practitioners to working professionals and advanced practitioners, we are engaged in creative impact making. This image of a world where creative impact making is widely practiced envisions a creative individual practitioner who thrives in such an environment as a proactive change and impact maker, having a transferable portfolio of capabilities that can enable effective performance in the wide range of circumstances that are inevitable – in essence, an individual ahead of the curve.
Srishti Manipal’s mission is to creatively impact ecosystems and build new ecosystems that produce creative competencies ahead of the curve.
Towards this mission, the institution entrusts itself with the role of producing capabilities through its professional, vocational and research programs.
This mission entails a deep understanding of the complex nature of the connected worlds that we inhabit and includes:
- Creating better futures for all
- Enabling pervasive creative competence with the confidence to tackle serious and meaningful challenges
- Empowering people to drive transformational outcomes
- Opening new vistas – sensing, solving and shaping transformational opportunities
- Focusing on outcomes rooted in India/emerging worlds
- Fostering and nurturing vibrant autonomous ecosystems through open co-creating platform.
We believe that better tomorrows can be created for all members of society through the practices of creative impact making.
The guiding values informing all aspects of our work are:
- To nurture a strong belief in social justice and equity
- To realize open, inclusive, empowered, democratic societies
- To challenge assumptions, uncover hidden opportunities, push boundaries and develop a proactive activist mindset
- To act in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner
- To recognize contemporary challenges and remain contextually relevant (to India and the global south)
- To anticipate emerging needs and opportunities and be future-informed
- To be critical, optimistic and positive
- To develop an expanded consciousness and holistic development of the person
COURSES OFFERED :
B.Des. in Industrial Arts and Design Practices
B.Des. in Visual Communication and Strategic Branding
M.Des. in Human Centered Design
B.Des. in Human Centered Design
B.Des. in Public Space Design
B.Des. in Business Services and System Design
B.Des. in Creative Education
B.Voc. in Graphic Arts and Design Practices
B.Des. in Information Arts and Information Design Practices
M.Des. in Information Arts and Information Design Practices
M.Des. in Heritage Design, Planning and Management
M.A. in Experience Design
M.Des. in Public Space Design
M.Des. in Industrial Arts and Design Practices
M.Des. in Design Led Innovation
B.Des. in Creative and Applied Computation
B.Voc. in Creative Manufacturing
B.Voc. in Digital Media Production
B.Voc. in Digital Film Making
Post Graduate Diploma Program (PGDP) – Bridge
B.Voc. in User Interface and Interaction Engineering
B.Voc. in Interior Design and Build
M.Des. in Earth Education and Communication
Post Graduate Diploma Program (PGDP) – Finish
Integrated Ph.D. in Reimagining Transitions
B.Voc. in Creative Coding
M.Des. in Design Computation
M.A. in Professional Practices
Integrated Ph.D. in Critical Design Discourse