CAT Exam 2023, Dates, Notification, Registration (Started), Admit Card, Syllabus, Result
CAT 2023: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow opened the CAT 2023 registration window on August 2. Earlier, authorities released the official CAT 2023 notification on, July 30. The CAT entrance exam 2023 will be held on November 26, 2023, in three sessions at around 300 test centres spread across in 155 cities in India. Dr. Sanjeet Singh, faculty at IIM Lucknow has been appointed as the CAT 2023 exam Convener. More than 2 lakh candidates apply for the CAT exam every year. In last year’s IIM CAT exam, around 2.55 lakh candidates registered, and around 2.22 lakh candidates appeared. Continue reading this article to know the CAT form 2023, the CAT exam date, and so on.
CAT Exam 2023
This year, IIM Lucknow is going to conduct the CAT entrance exam for MBA admission. Once CAT 2023 exam registration begins is out, the candidates who are interested and meet the eligibility criteria can apply at the official website of IIM CAT, iimcat.ac.in. The CAT exam is a national-level management entrance test for admission to MBA/PGP at Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
CAT exam scorecard is also accepted by about 1200 top B-schools in India for admission to management programmes. Top non-IIM MBA colleges accepting CAT 2023 are MDI Gurugram, SPJIMR, IMT, FMS, IM, IITs, GIM, GLIM, LIBA, NITIE, MICA, IRMA, etc.
CAT 2023 Exam Schedule
Candidates aspiring to appear for the CAT IIM entrance exam 2023 are advised to check important dates i.e. CAT 2023 exam date, registration date, admit card, or result date. IIM Lucknow released the official notification for CAT 2023. Here, we provided the dates of the CAT MBA entrance exam 2023.
|CAT Exam Events||CAT Exam Dates|
|CAT 2023 Notification date||July 30, 2023|
|CAT 2023 registrations date||August 2, 2023|
|CAT exam 2023 application form last date||September 13, 2023|
|CAT form correction date||To be announced|
|CAT admit card release date||October 25, 2023|
|CAT mock test, direct link activation date||To be announced|
|MBA CAT 2023 exam date||November 26, 2023|
|CAT 2023 answer key out date||To be announced|
|Last date to rais objection against CAT exam answer key||To be announced|
|CAT exam 2023 result date||First week of January 2024|
CAT 2023 Exam – Overview
Candidates planning to appear for CAT 2023 this year must be aware of the important facts about the entrance exam. As usual, the time duration of the CAT 2023 this year will be 2 hours, and the candidates will be tested across three sections namely DILR, VARC, and QA. Each section in the CAT 2023 will have limited sectional time, and negative marking for wrong answers.
Here are some important facts to know about CAT 2023, which the candidates going to appear for CAT must be aware of.
- IIM Lucknow CAT notification 2023 was announced on July 30, 2023.
- CAT 2023 registration date will be from August 2 to September 13, 2023.
- CAT exam 2023 will be held in three sessions in 155 cities.
- The time duration of the CAT 2023 will be 2 hours.
- Professor Sanjeet Singh from IIM Lucknow is the CAT 2023 exam convener.
- CAT 2023 exam will be held on November 26, 2023, Sunday.
- Around 2,50,000 candidates are expected to appear for the CAT this year.
|Particulars||CAT Exam Details|
|CAT Full Form||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|CAT exam 2023 conducting body||Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow|
|CAT exam notification link||To be available soon|
|Eligibility criteria for CAT 2023 exam||Graduation with 50 % aggregate (45 % for SC/ST students)|
|Mode of filling CAT 2023 application form||Online|
|CAT 2023 exam marking scheme||Negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer|
|Application form fees for CAT exam 2023||INR 2,400 for the General categoryINR 1,200 for SC/ST/PwD|
|CAT 2023 exam syllabus||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)Quantitative Ability (QA)|
|Official CAT 2023 website||https://iimcat.ac.in|
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who passed a 3-year bachelor’s degree from any stream from a UGC-recognized degree are eligible to apply for CAT 2023. Check the detailed eligibility criteria below:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC, ST, and PWD/DA category).
- Candidates who have done CA/CS/ICWA and have scored the required percentage can also appear for CAT 2023
- Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor’s degree can apply for the CAT exam 2023
CAT Exam 2023 Application Form
As per the CAT form date 2023, the application form has been released in online mode on August 2. Interested and eligible candidates can fill out the CAT 2023 application form till September 13, 2023. Candidates can fill out the CAT 2023 application form at the official website, iimcat.ac.in. Candidates are required to pay the CAT 2023 registration fee of INR 2,400 for the general category and INR 1,200 for the reserved category.
CAT 2023 Registration Process | How to Register for the CAT Exam
The registration for CAT 2023 exam consists of three steps. Candidates will have to complete all steps in order to successfully apply. The stages of CAT 2023 registration are:
- Creating login credentials
- Filling up the academic details in the application for CAT 2023
- Paying CAT 2023 registration fee
How to fill CAT 2023 application form step by step
The candidates can follow the step-by-step process below to fill out the CAT 2023 registration form.
- Visit the official website of CAT exam 2023, iimcat.ac.in
- On the home page, click on the “New Candidate Registration”
- A new page will open. Enter the following details
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number and
- After filling in the required information, click on “Generate OTP”. OTP will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number. Enter the received OPT to verify your email ID and mobile number.
- Now login again, using the CAT ID and password created, and fill in the following details.
- Personal Details
- Other Personal Details
- Communication Address
- Emergency Contact Details
- Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size)
- Provide academic details of SSC/ Class 10, HSC/ Class 12, Bachelor’s Degree Details, Master’s Degree Details, and Other Professional Degree Details
- Enter only full-time work experience
- Select exam cities. Candidates can choose up to six cities as their preferred exam cites
- Pay the CAT 2023 registration fee through any of the available methods
- For General Category Candidates: Rs 2400
- For SC/ ST/ PwD: Rs 1200
- Take a printout of the filled CAT 2023 application for future reference
NOTE: If you have any queries about how to fill CAT exam application form, check the CAT 2023 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to get a clear idea about it.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The CAT exam pattern 2023 will be the same as last year and will consist of three sections – VARC, DILR, and QA. And each section will have 40 minutes. The paper will have both MCQ and SAQ (also called TITA). Most of the questions will be MCQ based. However, there are some short answer questions called TITA.
|CAT 2023 sections||VARC, DILR, and QA|
|Time Duration of CAT section-wise||40 minutes per section (Total 120 minutes)|
|Total number of questions||66|
|Total marks in CAT Exam||198|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Type of questions||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|CAT 2023 Marking Scheme||Each question will carry 3 marks1 mark will be reduced for every wrong answerNo negative marking for Non-MCQs|
CAT Exam for MBA: Slot Timings
Each section of the CAT exam is time-bound. Once the time is up the screen automatically moves to the next section and the candidate cannot make any changes to the sections already attempted. So, you need to keep track of time and practice accordingly.
The three sessions for the CAT 2023 exam are as follows:
- Morning session (Slot 1): 8:30 am – 10:30 am
- Afternoon session (Slot 2): 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Evening session (Slot 3): 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
CAT Exam Sample Paper
Candidates appearing for the CAT 2023 must be aware of the CAT syllabus. It is important to know that there is no officially released CAT syllabus. However, candidates can learn about the CAT syllabus through CAT mock tests, sample papers, previous CAT questions, etc. To download the previous year’s CAT questions paper and sample papers, check the table below.
CAT 2023 Exam Preparation
Common Admission Test, CAT is one of the toughest MBA entrance tests to crack. Around 2.5 lakh students registered for CAT 2022, out of which 2.2 lakhs appeared in the test. With that, the competition for admission into the top B-schools is very high. So candidates must have a solid plan and strategy to prepare for CAT 2023. Here are a few tips to prepare for the CAT 2023 exam-
- Draw your own study strategy: Each candidate should have a distinct strategy of preparation made based on their ability. So divide the entire CAT syllabus into various sections and parts, so you can properly allot time for each section and commit to it. Make sure you give each section enough time to prepare well.
- Assess your ability: Identify your strengths and weaknesses so you can devote more time to areas where you are weak in.
- Choose the Mode of Preparation: Decide where you want to self-prepare for CAT 2023 exam or go for coaching classes. If you choose the self-study, make sure to use only the CAT preparation materials, books, and other resources.
- Focus on Mock Exams: As you have done some preparation and the basic concepts are clear, it is time to go for mock tests. This will help you know how your preparation is going and areas where you lag behind, so you can direct your focus accordingly.
How to Prepare for CAT Exam at Home
The CAT exam, also known as the Common Admission Test, is an entrance exam for admission to postgraduate management programs in India. Students have questions like it is possible to prepare for the CAT exam at home, without joining a coaching institute. We share with you the five tips to prepare for CAT exam at home below.
- Tip 1: Effective time management is crucial for CAT exam preparation at home.
- Tip 2: Utilizing online resources, such as study materials and mock tests, is essential for comprehensive preparation.
- Tip 3: Creating a study plan and adhering to a disciplined schedule can significantly aid in preparing for the CAT exam at home.
- Tip 4: Regular practice of aptitude, logical reasoning, and data interpretation is crucial for success in the CAT exam.
- Tip 5: Self-assessment through analyzing mock test performance and identifying strengths and weaknesses is crucial for continuous improvement.
The CAT exam can be effectively prepared for at home by managing time, utilizing online resources, following a study plan, practicing key subjects, and self-assessing through mock tests.
CAT Toppers Tips and Preparation Strategy
Most of the CAT toppers start their exam preparation in April-May. However, even if you start the preparation in July, you can score 99+ percentile if you follow a focused plan. Check the CAT topper tips below and know how previous year’s toppers prepared for the CAT exam.
CAT 2023 Mock Test
If you are seriously preparing for the CAT exam 2023 and want to score high percentile marks, it is necessary to attempt more and more mock tests to prepare for the CAT exam day. CAT Mock is like an actual test prepared by experts based on the latest CAT exam pattern. Mock tests are the best guide to prepare for the CAT exam 2023.
All CAT toppers studying in IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, and Kozhikode find CAT exam mocks the most important part of their preparation and recommend taking multiple mocks like taking the actual test and analyzing the mistakes in each mock.
Also, take CAT Free Mock Test here
Read More: Why, When, and How to Take CAT Mock Test
CAT 2023 Admit Card
The CAT 2023 admit card is an important document to take on MBA CAT 2023 exam date. Candidates who have applied can download CAT 2023 admit card online through the login at the official website. Here are important things for the candidates to know about the admit card. Have a look at them below.
- Only registered candidates can download CAT 2023 admit card.
- Candidates can access and download their CAT 2023 admit card at the official IIM CAT official website, iimcat.ac.in by logging in with the ID and password.
- The tests centre, date, and other details of the CAT 2023 will be present on the admit card.
- CAT 2023 admit card is an important document to carry on the day of the examination.
CAT 2023 Answer Key
IIM will release a provisional answer key for the CAT 2023 after the conclusion of the CAT exam. To download the CAT exam 2023 answer key, candidates need to visit the official website of CAT – iimcat.ac.in and log in with their CAT 2023 ID and password. Candidates who appeared in CAT 2023 can check their answers and calculate the CAT exam percentile with the help of the CAT exam answer key.
CAT Exam 2023 Results
The CAT result 2023 will likely be announced in the last week of December and will be made available on the official website. Candidates can download it by clicking on the link corresponding to CAT 2023 result and entering the login credentials (CAT ID and password). CAT 2023 scorecard will be valid for a year i.e. till 2024.
CAT Exam 2023 Cutoff
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will separately release CAT 2023 cut-offs for the academic year 2024-26. The CAT accepting colleges will release the CAT 2023 cutoff in January 2024 after the declaration of the CAT 2023 result. CAT cutoff for IIM is generally between 95-100 percentile for all categories. Below is the qualifying table of CAT cut off percentiles of 20 IIMs: