Thapar University Admission 2023: Last Date, Application Form, UG & PG Courses
Thapar University Admission 2023: Registration is open for Thapar University admission for courses like BA, Bcom, BSc, MA, MCA, Mcom, MBA, and many more for the session 2023-24. The expected last date to submit the online application form is 26 August 2023 for Thapar University Admission 2023. The application form is uploaded on the official website, applicants should fill up all the details carefully to avoid rejection.
After knowing a little about the university, more information about the Thapar University admission process must be obtained.
The university is also known as the Thapar Institute, and it was founded in 1956 in Patiala, Punjab, India. It has received an A+ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), which shows how successful it has been in offering academic excellence.
Thapar University, through undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral level programs in liberal arts, sciences, business and management, arts, engineering, and technology, etc., offers some excellent options for students at reasonable fees.
Thapar University Admission Trending Updates
- The registration portal is active for Thapar University admission to UG and PG courses for the session 2023-24. Apply Here
Thapar University is very similar to modern institutions, giving a boost to the academic profile of admitted students so that they can match the requirements of the contemporary academic and employment environment. To make studying comfortable for students, the university offers the following advantages;
- The best hostel accommodations for admitted students.
- Highly advanced equipment and tools for doing research.
- Scholarship opportunities for deserving students.
- Campus placement is especially available for engineering and technology students.
Thapar University Admission 2023
Thapar University admission is open, but it will soon be closed for all undergraduate, and postgraduate courses. The online admission form for Thapar University for all courses is available on the official website. To reach the application form for the concerned course at Thapar University, kindly log on to the thapar.edu portal. The application form window is probably going to close until 26 August 2023.
Thapar University is currently busy accepting applications for Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), and numerous other courses. Admission registration and admission fees for Thapar University’s undergraduate and postgraduate courses are 450 Indian rupees and INR 10,000.
The admission process at Thapar University can only be completed by aspirants if they pass the required academic level qualifying examination and online test conducted by the university. Complete information about the eligibility criteria for UG, PG, and Doctoral programs is perfectly provided in the article ahead.
Thapar University UG Admission
Thapar University at the undergraduate level comprises courses such as BA in Economics, BA in Psychology, BA in History and Societal Transformation, BBA in Analytics, BBA in Marketing, BBA in International Business, BSc in Physics, BSc in Chemistry, BSc in Cognitive Science, BSc in Computer Science, BSc in Environment and Sustainability, BTech, etc.
Admission to the aforementioned undergraduate programs of Thapar University is offered to candidates who complete the study of 12th grade and pass the online entrance test followed by a personal interview.
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for all courses offered by Thapar University has detailed in the upcoming sections.
The eligibility criteria for an undergraduate program at Thapar University are detailed below.
Bachelor of Technology (BTech):
- 10+2 with PCM or relevant subjects is mandatory, with 45 percent from a recognized board.
- JEE-Main passed candidates are not required to appear in the online entrance examination of the university except for appearing in the interview session.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics:
- Admission to BA in Economics undergraduate program at Thapar University is possible for interested candidates if they come out passing the 12th examination with at least 40 percent marks and secure a valid score in the online entrance examination of the university.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Chemistry:
- In order to take admission to BSc in Chemistry undergraduate program, one should pass at least a 12th-grade examination in the science stream.
- Admission may not be offered to candidates who fail to pass the online admission test and personal interview conducted by Thapar University.
Thapar University PG Admission
The PG window at Thapar University allures aspirants to some exceptionally designed traditional and professional courses. Here, Bachelor’s degree holders may choose to study MBA, MCA, MA, ME/MTech, and a number of other programs.
The admissions process for the postgraduate programs at Thapar University consists of several steps that one must not miss to complete the admission procedure in time. In order to view the complete eligibility and fees of each program, it is suggested that candidates check the next couple of sections below.
Thapar University PG Eligibility Criteria
Thapar University’s postgraduate eligibility criteria for programs designed in all streams can be found in the sections below.
Master of Science (MSc) in Biotechnology
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 60 percent (55 percent for ST/SC) marks in physical, biological, agricultural, pharmacy, engineering, and technology, or MBBS from a recognized institution or university.
Master of Science (MSc) in Physics
- Recognized bachelor’s degree in science of minimum three-year duration.
- The degree must be obtained in Physics, Nuclear Science and Technology, Modern Electronics, or Materials Technology with at least a 60 percent score.
Master of Arts (MA) in Economics
- BA/BSc in Economics, Statistics, or BBA/BBS or related field with 50 percent (45 percent for ST/SC) from a recognized university.
Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology
- Recognized undergraduate degree of three-year in Psychology, Home Sciences, Human Development, or BTech with a minimum of 50 percent from an accredited university.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final year of the examination for a bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply; however, the admission will only confirm such candidates once they pass the bachelor’s degree examination.
Thapar University PhD Eligibility Criteria
The doctoral degree programs at Thapar University require the following eligibility criteria for admission.
Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD):
- A candidate seeking admission to a PhD degree program at Thapar University must hold a degree in ME/MTech, MPhil, MCA, MSc, MA, MBA, or relevant with a scale of 55 percent from an approved university.
- Part-Time Ph.D. degree admission is only available for professionally employed candidates with at least 2-3 years of experience and a master’s degree in a relevant field with a 55 percent score.
Thapar University Fee Structure
The fee structure of all programs offered by Thapar University is shown in the sections below.
Thapar University UG Fee Structure:
The fee structure of undergraduate programs at Thapar University is shared course-by-course below.
- BTech in COE/CSE/CSBS: The total fee for the BTech specialized degree programs of Thapar University is 2,38,000 Indian rupees with a hostel.
- BTech in Lateral Entry/ECE/EEC: The complete amount or fee for the BTech degree program in ECE/EEC or lateral entry is 2,18,900 Indian rupees.
- BTech in MEE/MEC: Aspirants who are keen to study BTech in MEE or BTech in MEC may need to pay a fee of INR 1,95,300.
Thapar University PG Fee Structure
The fees for postgraduate programs at Thapar University are as follows.
- MCA: Master of Computer Applications (MCA) postgraduate degree program of Thapar University has a complete fee of 1,02,700 Indian rupees.
- MSc: For all specialized MSc advanced degree programs, students need to pay the amount of INR 70,600 as the complete fee.
- MA: The fee of 50,600 Indian rupees is mandatory for students to pay for the MA degree programs at Thapar University.
Thapar University Ph.D. Fee Structure
Fees for the doctoral degree program at Thapar University are listed below.
- Ph.D. (GATE/NET): Candidates who have passed the GATE need to pay a fee of INR 20,000.
- Ph.D. (Non-GATE/NET): The non-GATE qualified students will be required to pay INR 46,730 for the doctoral degree programs at Thapar University.
- Ph.D. (Part-Time): The part-time Ph.D program at Thapar University typically costs 60,000 Indian rupees.
Thapar University Application Form 2023
The Thapar University application form window is open online at the moment for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The last date is 26 August 2023 for the submission of online applications to get admission in the ongoing session.
The application fee for undergraduate, and postgraduate courses is 450 Indian rupees. For doctoral degree programs, aspirants must pay INR 1,500. The application fee for the Thapar University programs is easy to deposit with any of the payment modes; credit/debit card, UPI, net banking, etc.
Thapar University Admission Process 2023
The complete process of admission to courses at Thapar University is perfectly explained in the instructions below.
- Log on to thapar.edu portal
- Choose a course and click the admissions button.
- Fill out the online application form and submit your payment.
- Submit the Thapar University application form.
- The admissions committee will review the application form and invite qualified students to take the online test.
- Those who pass the online test must attend a personal interview.
- Aspirants’ admission will be confirmed once they have paid their admission and first-year fees.